Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Crochet-a-long: Padma part 3


We're in the home stretch now...
OK, ready for part 3?

EARS(make 2)
Start with a magic circle into which 6 SC are made.
R1: INCR1 in each stitch across. (12 sts)
R2: *SC 1, INCR1 in next st* repeat across. (18 sts)
R3: *SC 2, INCR1 in next st* repeat across. (24 sts)
R4: *SC 3, INCR1 in next st* repeat across. (30 sts)
R5-9: SC across.
R10: *SC 3, DCR1 over next 2 sts* repeat. (24 sts)
R11: *SC 2, DCR1 over next 2 sts* repeat. (18 sts)
R12: Skip next 6 sts, SC across. (12 sts)
R13: ch1, flatten the remaining stitches so that the next st is aligned with the last st of the round(st1 & st12). SC across stitching through both layers to close up ear. After 6th stitch, bind off and clip tail.



Want to see how everyone else is progressing? What are you waiting for? Join us on Ravelry: CAL with DawnToussaint

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this early on Saturday! The shaping is ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished this part, after some stupidity from my part.
    Thanks to Redhead Samurai, I figured it out :D.

    This shaping is really ingenious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm currently making Padma and am also confused about the ears. I tried to look at the links in this post but they weren't found :(. Could you help me out and tell me what I'm missing?

      Delete
  3. WOW! Okay, part three is done (thanks to some help on ravelry!) My son saw me working on this and really, really, really, wants one! The one I am making is already earmarked for his Holiday Stocking! What is a mother to do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, i am having trouble with the ears...

    R12: Skip next 6 sts, SC across. (12 sts)
    R13: ch1, flatten the remaining stitches so that the next st is aligned with the last st of the round(st1 & st12). SC across stitching through both layers to close up ear. After 6th stitch, bind off and clip tail.

    in R12 skip next 6 sts means i dont do anything but SC in the 7th st? i did that but it got the 2 layers joined together then i don't know how to continue to the nx row.. Help!!

    Padma is really cute.. I really want to make her...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to sharing next part I really like it keep working like this your Long PAMDMA. Thanks But I want to complete this please share it completely I'm working on two things.One my blog and second your PADMA

    ReplyDelete